Monday, November 28, 2005

Addendum to A Fierce Blow


And another thing ....

My husband was giving me a detailed explanation about the weather earlier tonight (
see post below). He really does know a lot about the weather. He used to have his pilots license, so he has a thing about weather and weather maps and the like.

When we were looking at the map on the internet, he instructs me, 'see the little red dots here?'. 'Yes', I reply. 'These are right over us now, this is the worst part of the storm.'

He moves his finger over the computer screen, showing me how the storm system is shaped. 'See how it is swirling back to the west here?'. He's pointing to a question mark looking area all the way up in Canada, where the storm sweeps back and under into the US. I ask him what that shows. 'This is a fierce blow', he says.

This is the front end of a cold front he tells me, but he assures me it's fast moving and we are directly under the worst of it at that very moment.

There's more, but that's the general gist of my weather tutorial for the evening.

All that said, I couldn't help but be impressed with the detail with which he could read the map and the weather systems blowing over the length of the United States.

The little red dots in particular stuck in my mind. Considering that not an hour earlier he couldn't find his pants.

'Where are my other pajamas?', he had asked me. That's translated to mean; where is a pair of sweat pants other than the one's I'm wearing right now?

I went back into our bedroom and picked up a pair of sweats and brought them to him in the family room. 'Where'd you find those?', he sounded surprised. It took me as long as it took me to walk to the bedroom and back. I had the distinct impression he'd been looking for a pair for a while.

He can read a weather map in great detail, but can't find a pair of pants in his closet.

And that is the fundamental difference between men and women.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://votddutp.com/jlro/mgnr.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://pozcilos.com/ifih/xvbv.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://votddutp.com/jlro/mgnr.html | http://jlbodakd.com/lxvf/bdfb.html