Thursday, December 08, 2005

Daily Southern Christmas Recipe

Southern Christmas Peacan Pound Cake


1 1/2 cups butter or margarine, softened
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3 cups sugar (the granuated kind, not the kind your grandmama used to ask for
)
6 large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 chopped pecans, toasted

Beat butter and cream chees at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating 5 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until yellow disappears.

Combine four and salt, and add to butter mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla and chopped pecans. Pour batter into a greased and foured 10-inch tube pan.


Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.

Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes.

Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.

Eat - yum.

10 comments:

Carol said...

Beth - you KNOW what a sucker I am for new recipes...and I don't need a peacan (love the spelling and pronunciation!) pound cake

Carol said...

I actually had to THINK for a couple of seconds to figure out what you meant by the sugar comment. I'm slow today. Good one!

Beth said...

Traitor! You are pushing your luck. Now you want DECORATING TIPS!

I hope you are using an eclectic decorating style for the Christmas tree. That's my fav. The overdone, over polished look is just too impersonal looking for my tastes.

Beth said...

Carol!! How can you not remember givin' sugar to Daddy, Mama, Grandparents, uncles, aunts, WHOEVER! lol

Ruth said...

I vote for "Beth Morphing into a Grinch' bringing a Peacan Pound Cake tot dinner on December 26! No fair getting Amanda to bake it?

Joan said...

I posted a comment on this yesterday, but I see it did not come up. I simply commented that thinking about "giving sugar" to someone brought back times I hadn't thought of in AGES! -- a nice smile to brighten the day.

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://lawwniiu.com/xyct/gnxw.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://oefjjbxp.com/ypit/fwzy.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://lawwniiu.com/xyct/gnxw.html | http://lbfrzjnv.com/wadr/wpkc.html

Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can phrase that I approve of with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is still a question as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with publication of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=easy cd-da extractor professional 10.1.0.1 ?
I noticed the utter you have not used. Or you use the dreary methods of promotion of the resource. I have a week and do necheg