Saturday, December 10, 2005

Recipe of the Day

This is one of my family's favorites:

Pepper-Seared Beef Tenderloin With Hoseradish Cream Sauce

4 (6-ounce) beef tenderloin fillets
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cracked pepper
1/2 cup butter or margarine
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
2/3 cup whipping cream
2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard

Sprinkle fillets evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt: press cracked pepper into all sides of fillets

Melt 1/4 cup butter into a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat; add beef tenderloin fillets, and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness.

Melt remaining 1/4 cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and ground pepper until blended;
Cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute.

Add cream, and cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute or until thickened and bubbly.
Stir in horseradish and mustard.

Drizzle over fillets.

YUM

3 comments:

Carol said...

OMG! Another recipe from Beth. Will wonders never cease!
Seriously - this one looks really good. I think I'll try it soon.

Beth said...

It is good! lol

I'm getting Blue Star Chronicles up and running. It takes a lot of work!

Beth said...

I said I'd post a recipe a day - it should take me about a week to go through my entire catalog of recipes! lol

Just trying to keep my fans happy :)